THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 26
I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High. – Psalm 7:17 (NIV)
Today is a day celebrated as a time of Thanksgiving in the USA, and all across social media, television, and many other avenues, there are reminders to be thankful.
Here are five ways we as women who follow Christ can actively be thankful today, as you remember that you were made with a purpose:
1. Let us not send those “Happy Thanksgiving!” texts only to people we wish were in our lives, but instead, let us be thankful and focus on the people who already in our lives.
2. Let us not allow what other relatives and friends are doing have us feeling inadequate or insecure, instead let us be thankful for what God is doing in our lives.
3. Let us not spend one moment on social media comparing ourselves and our celebrations to others, instead being thankful for what we are doing, and happy for what God is doing in our lives
4. Let us not forget about those who don’t have families or don’t get to see their families or those of us who have lost loved ones, instead let us be thankful for those loved ones in our lives and make an effort to find at least one person to love on that doesn’t have that, or just might be missing someone in their life right now.
5. Let us not dwell on the text or call we’re waiting on, the relationship we’re waiting on, the job, the transcript results, or the financial breakthrough we’re waiting on, but instead let us be thankful for this present day we have been given, even if it doesn’t seem like much. No matter where we are in the world, let’s find the time to be thankful today.
Let’s all make a point to be thankful today. For some of us, the holiday season isn’t easy. There are those of us who have lost loved ones during the holiday season, and we can’t get through the day without remembering those we love who are no longer with us. Let us all remember that amidst these memories and reflections, God is still with us, and He has still given each of us another day to live and breathe and to be thankful.
Biblical Context + Further Reading: Psalm 7:12-17
DAILY CHALLENGE: Make an effort to practice one of these five things today (even if you’re not in the USA/celebrating in a traditional way)